Tuesday, January 24, 2012

tues january 24,

So last night, i just rested, it looks like i came down with a cold, which is normal for me when i start a tour, my tummy is killing me which is normal for me, my ptsd came out in my dreams last night i had dreams i was squating in a abandoned houses and there where bugs crawling all over my body, people turning into cockroach's, a man trying to kill me, then trying to marry me, i woke up all clammy and nervous.

I started my day talking with a old dear friend soda, we have been friends for ten years, he taught me how to tour with no money.

When i first moved to Los Angeles , in 2002 i had lost all my id from canada, when i went to the consulate , they didn't believe i was canadian and turned me away, it was surreal, i had played in front of 1000 people in montreal on Saint Jean Baptist day , a big holiday in montreal.

I took a greyhound bus to Los Angeles  then almost two weeks later i was busking at the hollywood farmers market playing for tips, with Sara Kramer on trumpet, we had made 100 dollars.

 I was staying on peoples couch's i had no money and could not work in the us, waiting for my dual citizen ship to be processed .

Not long after i met Billy Pitman and Soda, threw out these 10 years they have been in my life always helping me and steering me in the right direction.

The documentary is going great, and all the shows so far have been amazing.

I feel completely greatful to be surrounded by wonderful music makers who extend there homes and hearts to me.

No comments: